At Victory Faith Centre we believe:
1) The Nature of God.
- God is the one infinite and perfect being, who has been, is and will exist for all eternity (Matthew 2:48b; Exodus 3:14).
- God is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient and immutable and has displayed His attributes to mankind by being holy, righteous, just, good and truthful. He has revealed Himself as triune (1 John 5:7), three eternal distinctions in the one divine essence and is known respectively as Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19b).
2) The Inerrancy of the Word of God.
- God has placed His pure and perfect Word (i.e Scripture) in the Earth in written form (2 Timothy 3:16) and has preserved it throughout human history.
- Faith comes through hearing of the Word of God (Romans 10:17) and without faith it is impossible to please God. ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen’. (Hebrews 11:1). The Bible instructs ‘Now the just shall live by faith’. (Hebrews 10:38a).
- Salvation embraces everything God provided for mankind by the Lord Jesus Christ’s sacrifice (Hebrews 10:12) on the cross (Galatians 6:14) at Calvary. This includes the mercy of God; acceptance into the Father’s family; forgiveness of all sins; victory over Satan’s power; healing of the spirit, soul and body; righteousness; abundant and prosperous supply of every need; peace of heart and mind and a calling to reign in God’s Kingdom.
- All who would come to God must be born again (spiritual birth into God’s family) to enter into His Kingdom and all it’s benefits (John 3:3-8). This requires repentance from sin (Acts 3:19), a commitment to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and His ways and an acceptance of God’s free gift of salvation by receiving Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord (John 1:12; Romans 10:9, 10, 13 and Ephesians 2:8). [See the ‘salvation’ page on this website].
- Prosperity for every part of the believer’s life is in the redemption provided by the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 8:9; 2 Peter 1:3).
- It is God’s will for believers to be prosperous and rich both physically and spiritually (3 John 2; Joshua 1:7; Psalm 1:3; Matthew 6:33; Mark 10:29,30).
- Divine healing and health is ‘the children’s bread’ (Matthew 15:26) and is appropriated by faith in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 3:16; Acts 4:30; James 5:15).
5) Baptism in Water.
- Water baptism is an ordinance of the Church required by God for all disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19).
- Only believers may be baptised and the method being full immersion of the believer by another believer into a body of water (Acts 8:38; Mark 1:9; John 3:23).
- All believers must continue in fellowship with other believers at a local Church assembly (2 Thessalonians 2:1; Hebrews 10:25).
- An ordinance of God is the requirement of the regular celebration of the Lord’s Supper (Communion) (1 Corinthians 11:23-28).
7) The Baptism of the Holy Ghost and His Gifts.
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost and His associated gifts are for the operation of the Church in the Earth today. The gifts are needed by the Church until the Lord Jesus Christ returns.
- The Lord Jesus Christ baptises the believer in the Holy Ghost (Mark 1:8).
- A person who has gone through this experience is ‘Filled with the Holy Ghost’ (compare Acts 1:5 with Acts 2:4), having ‘received the Holy Ghost’ (Acts 8:17).
- The Holy Ghost gives gifts to believers for the edification of the Body of Christ, the Church (1 Corinthians 12:1-31).
- God created the entire universe in six, 24 hour days (Genesis 1; Exodus 20:11).
- The Book of Genesis must be taken as literal history – the Lord Jesus Christ stated it as such many times (Matthew 19:4-9; Matthew 24:37-39; Luke 16:29-31; John 5:45-47).
- The naturalistic doctrine of the theory of evolution is an anti-God, religious philosophy, bankrupt of both Biblical and physical evidence as to its so-called occurrence; it is thus to be labelled as a ‘science falsely so called’ (1 Timothy 6:20b).
9) Second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- There are many prophecies relating to the literal, physical second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to the planet Earth (Matthew 24:30; John 14:3; Acts 1:11).
10) Ministry in the Church.
- Elders in Victory Faith Centre can be either men or women since ‘there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus’. (Galatians 3:28)
- Regardless of age, people group or gender all members of the Body of Christ can and should develop in Ministry, be filled with the Holy Ghost and operate the gifts of the Holy Ghost.
* Taken from the Victory Faith Centre Inc ‘Church Doctrinal Statement’